Top Reasons to locate your business to Shannon
- Ireland has become the only country in the EU with English as the dominant language, making it an ideal location to set up your European headquarters.
- Offers barrier free access to over 500 million consumers in Europe - the world’s largest single market.
- Ireland is a stable, competitive, secure, and pro-business country, with the fastest growing economy in the Eurozone.
- 40% Of Ireland’s workforce is under 29 years old, highly educated and skilled with world renowned universities near Shannon.
We’re Well Connected
Located on Ireland’s stunning west coast, within minutes of leaving your office you could be playing golf on some of the world’s top-quality courses, ripping it up on a world-class surfing wave or setting off with your family to enjoy the views from the peak of a rugged mountain. It’s more than a place to work, it’s a lifestyle.
Businesses and their staff benefit from the direct motorway access to major Irish cities, with Limerick just a 20-minute drive, and only 45 minutes to exciting Galway City.
More Than A Place to Work
Shannon is situated in the heart of the West of Ireland, centrally located for the Wild Atlantic Way, the world’s longest defined coastal touring route and one of the world’s most diverse and spectacular coastlines.
Recruit Top Quality Talent
Find highly educated, skilled employees from the many prestigious universities and distinguished technical colleges located in the Mid-West region.
88,360 students, 27,545 graduates/year across 8 universities within 120km.
Talent Corridor +/- 90mins
An International Airport at Your Doorstep
Shannon Airport is a 24-hour, full service international airport with all the capabilities and infrastructure to handle any aircraft.
- No restrictions, no curfews, and no congestion.
- Quick turnaround technical stops and provides a safe and convenient crew rest base.
- Main European airport for transatlantic Business Aviation technical stops
We are fully equipped to handle corporate, military, charter, cargo, and scheduled airline traffic offering a high quality and efficient tech stop. Air traffic control, flight services, weather services, emergency response and airport police are available 24 hours a day to ensure safe, secure, and efficient operations.
Thanks to the Irish Aviation Authority, the IAA, Ireland enjoys a global reputation as a “gold-standard” in aviation regulation.
Easy Airport Services, All Year Round
- Shannon (SNN/EINN) is a long-standing transatlantic transit stop which offers excellent facilities.
- Located adjacent to our Shannon business park and home to the longest Category 2 runway in Ireland at 3199 metres long and 45 metres wide with 8 metre shoulders each side.
- 30 Aircraft stands on-site with 50 long-term storage stands.
- Shannon benefits from efficient and uncongested facilities and a superb weather record
- North Atlantic Air Traffic Control is based in Shannon: westbound departing flights have direct access to optimum transatlantic tracks and levels (saving fuel and time).
- Nearly equidistant between the U.S. and the Middle East.
Choice of experienced FBO's and Aircraft Handling Companies make for quick turnarounds and very competitive pricing.
Excellent quality and affordable crew hotels. Local MROs licensed to provide engineering cover: No uplift volume restrictions.